Thursday, December 3, 2009

Help with pencil eye liner...?

i have a pencil eye liner. It doesn't work though. When i try making a mark on my eye, it doesn't show much. And I even tried putting water on it - that didn't work either. What am I do wrong? Should I just get a liquid eye liner?Help with pencil eye liner...?
try pressing a little harder, and make sure to go over it again.


you could try freezing the pencil for about 5 minutes, and then trying it then.





if none of it works, then yes; i'd suggest getting liquid liner.Help with pencil eye liner...?
I think its the brand. One time i got a black eyeliner pencil and you could barely see it. It would come on more like a light grey. But right now i have a different brand and it comes on a lot better and darker.


This might sound weird but it works, for me, get a match or lighter and put it on the tip of the eye liner for a few seconds,dont leave it too long. The heat of the fire warms it making it smoother and easier to apply.
I just ran into this problem this past weekend actually. I bought a white pencil from NYC for 99 cents because I was in a hurry and didn't want to spend a ton of money.





What hapened? Didn't go on for crap. Especially since I wanted to use it on my waterline to brighten my eyes up. I even tried heating it up with a lighter, but to no avail I got nadda.








It's because there's too much wax in the pencil and not enough color pigment.





Try MAC's liners. They're worth the bang for your buck.
My pencil eye liner works best when its heated a little. U can do this by running it under a hot tap for a few seconds or heating it with a washroom hand dryer or hair dryer.





I've found liquid eyeliner good for the top lid but using it close to your actual eye can be risky - i tend to poke myself in the eye with it!
When my eye pencil does not want to work, I sharpen it again.


When that doesn't work I melt the tip with a lighter.


I make sure it cools down before I put it on my eye.


The liquid eyeliner is easier to put on and gives more of a dramatic look, but the liquid sometimes goes inside the eye.
There are already some good suggestions here, but miss sporty and either revlon or rimmel (can't remember) test on animals :(


so, Barry m has a lovely soft pencil eyeliner, it doesn;t hurt at all while applying, and you can get it in a very dark black :)






I have found that it is best to rub the tip between your fingers, allowing your body heat to warm up the pencil and make it softer and easier to apply.
Change the brand that u are using. i once got this pencil eyeliner from a magazine and it didn't show ip that well, so i threw it away and bought a different one - miss sporty is my fave . so is rimmel
annabelle by kohl's has some really vibrant and nice colours, but you have to warm it up (on your hand, water, or between your fingers)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lesions